Who’s idea was it to schedule the final presidential debate on the night of Monday Night Football AND game 7 of the National League Championship Series? Silly. Assuming that 25% (that’s generous (sports, you guys, sports)) of Americans watched here’s what the other 75% of you missed:
- The 3rd and final presidential debate focused on foreign policy. While the two were quite agreeable at some points different visions were cast on how to handle diplomatic efforts abroad, specifically the Middle East.
- Polls show that President Obama takes the edge in this debate.
- Analysis also shows that this debate is unlikely to sway voters.
- But let’s not forget twitter was watching. Here are Buzzfeed’s 23 Best Twitter Reactions to the debate.
- Need an even quicker recap? Try the last debate AS TOLD BY GIFS! (American Politics, everybody.)
- The most memorable line of the night goes to President Obama in response to Governor Romney’s jab at the President for the smaller number of Naval ships than in years previous. Obama’s rebuttal? “Well, governor, we also have fewer horses and bayonets, because the nature of our military has changed.”
The final days of the campaign trail are coming to a close and election day is fast approaching. If you’re still undecided you can study up on Mitt Romney and Barack Obama‘s platforms. Then go vote. Or don’t. Your call.
But in all seriousness remember that no matter who wins God is still King.